Friday, July 16, 2010

Diabetes and me

About two and a half weeks ago I found out I have diabetes. I am still not sure how to spell it.

A lot of people told me they where sorry to hear that. I got a lot of support.

I am not sorry. I consider it a Godsend that I found out. It has changed me. I found out on a Thursday, on Friday I started eating differently. On Monday I started attending spin classes. Today I did my first "Body Pump" class.. It is a weight lifting group class and it is awesome. Not a class for sissies....

Finding out I have Diabetes has change my life.  I have lost about 10 pounds and I feel like a different person. I mean, I am not craving sugar, I am not starving half the day. I do not need to jump on food as soon as it is in sight.

For the first time I passed up pizza at work where I used to eat 6 or 7 slices. ME, Mr. "Where's the food" Jay!

Classes are a must now. I got up early today to hit my first "Body Pump" class. It has been about a week and a half of steady classes (Every other day).

I have to check my blood levels 3 times a day and the sugar levels are going down... (This is a good thing.)

Only time will tell if I need to do meds or shots but for now, the fight is on and I am not gana lose.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Jay, i'm proud of you ! Charles H

    ReplyDelete