Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ouch.... Today my age came through...

So last night I worked out for about 40 minutes at about 80 to 87% of my maximum heart rate.

I did this on a bicycle... At the end I felt great, knew I had worked out hard and went home... No real fluids, did not really stretch out and had a hamburger.... BIG MISTAKE



I woke up at 3:30AM with a leg cramp. My whole body ached... Woke up again at 4 with another leg cramp...

It is 3:51 PM the next day and I am just now feeling better.. I was exhausted the whole day. Eat a little, drank a little and went back to bed... Even now I feel pretty wiped out...

So I guess knowing ones limits is a very important part of working out.... Also drinking liquids, stretching and just being careful...

The good news is, I have no "heart pains", no dizziness... just really, really beat....

I am glad this was my day off cause working today would have been a nightmare...

Slowly, I am coming back to being OK again... Man that was a lesson...

No comments:

Post a Comment