Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Perception


So, I have not gone to the gym since 4/4 that is 4 days.... Now when I woke up today I thought; "man, it has been a week since I have even worked out!"

Now I can see how the spiral in the past started. Not only has it not been a full week, it has only been 4 days. AND, not only has it not been a week, I did walk on my lunch break on Monday and Tuesday.

True, that is not truly working out but it is more exercise than no exercise. I am taking time to walk. I spent about 25 minutes to walk on lunch both days. So although I was not in the gym, I was doing something productive. And I can prove it to myself because my legs are a little sore as I sit here.

In the past, because I had nothing to regulate my progress, I would be down on myself, be angry, be in a spiral. So, I have not exercised in .............. ONE DAY. Today is day two and it is not over. so from 4 days to one day. I did something for me and for my body on both Monday and Tuesday. I am going good, I am still on track, I am still doing the thing that I do....

So instead of being down on myself, I am starting to take stock of what I am doing and being there saying: "Hey Jay! Nice job finding a way to get out there and do something towards a healthier you!"

So mote it be..........

No comments:

Post a Comment