Sunday, February 8, 2009

My first REAL hurdle

As you know from yesterdays video blog, I walked the dogs and walked briskly for about 10 to 15 minutes then spent about a total of 40 minutes with them just doing the rest of the walk. After that I did stuff around the garage and then went to work, etc. Pretty normal day. Went to bed around 11ish and woke up just now, 5:50 AM with an almost cramping back pain in my lower back.

Son of a B, this is the first time in my memory that I am feeling my age. I have never had and incident where I have done some exercise that was not close to strenuous and woken up the next day with a killer back ache or pain of any kind. I am VERY concerned.

Tomorrow is Monday and tomorrow I call the doctor and consider some PT (Physical Therapy). I mention the PT as I used to be in workers comp as a manager and although I am certain this is not a work injury nor will it be claimed as such, my experience in that industry has taught me that the next step is a doctor, not a Chiro and some PT. Like I said a few days ago, the Chiropractor was great, but my back is not getting better and today is worse. I will see him tomorrow but I am pretty sure he won't be touching my back. ( I am afraid, honestly, that wrenching it like they do will really hurt me.)

What really bothers me is that there was no sign whatsoever of this pain coming on the whole day. Like I said on my walk (see video) I had a little pain in my knee and foot but nothing about my back... My right knee is hurting now and my back pain is lessening some now in the few minutes I have been up and sitting here writing.

I have not taken anything for the back but I will in a few. I wanted to sit down and write this while I felt it as I am dedicated to this blog and my progress is now connected to it.

I am off to take some meds now to help me with the pain... We are supposed to go over to my Daughter and Son-in-laws house to help with moving stuff and I really want to be there for them today...

Freaking back, freaking age, freaking fat......

Why is getting in shape so much freaking harder then getting out of shape? Not to be overly dramatic but I hope I have not screwed myself up for good buy letting myself go for this long...

Well... I wanted motivation, I know have it...


PAIN SUCKS

No comments:

Post a Comment