Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thoughts to live by...

I feel good about today. I did not pig out like a crazy fat dude. I had some decent food, went for a long walk with my dogs and then a short walk with my daughters dogs.. (It started to rain.)

As I say in the video.... What my brother (Anonymous) and others have said.. If it hurts, work it out and it won't hurt as much.. My knee felt better on the walk.. I am hoping my back starts to get better...

This blog helps me. I like to showcase myself. I like to do it because, yes, I think I am a little bit arrogant and the truth is, I am getting to see some parts of myself I don't like. The excuses, the obsessive overeating, but mostly, The big things..

You know, a lot of the time I overeat because I do not prepare myself for the day. I don't make food, make conscience choices of what food I want to eat, will eat. I don't think about it until I am hungry. I don't plan it out.

It is funny, it is crazy really. I have never taken the time to notice that I don't really seem to care if I have food until I am hungry. Right now I am snacking on "Lunchables" which are I am sure not really good for me but a damn site better then a full on roast beef sandwich or a full fast food meal..

And now that I am "AWARE" and I put that into caps not to be sarcastic but to note that I am aware now. Next time I am hungry late at night, I am going to have some choices that I have prepared a head of time. The lunchables where something I purchased just for times like this. Now I will take some more time and get some even healthier food. I know this sounds high School, or even earlier but sometimes it just takes what it takes to come to that realization.

I did not go to the gym today. I am OK with that as I was out with the dogs on a good paced walk for about an hour and it was awesome. I did a small walk with the other dogs in my life and cleaned around the house, moved some furniture, was somewhat active and spent some quality time with my daughter, my wife and my some of my favorite pets....

It was a good day...

Here are some videos and pics from the day.......



















No comments:

Post a Comment