Thursday, February 5, 2009

A new day and new challenges

Below you can see my two dogs helping me with breakfast. They will sit in the kitchen and watch hoping for some small amount of food to drop and then scoop it up...

I know, I should probably make them go away, but look at them! They are just too cute..




















Now lets look at what I am eating this morning for my first meal of the day....

Yummy!!!! It is actually 4 eggs, a little bit of

vegetables and some cheese topped with salad dressing and a glass of iced tea....That's it today... It is pretty much all I had in the fridge and I pretty much made it because my wife sent me a text from work - (she goes in early!) - encouraging me to make breakfast rather then walk down to 7/11 and get something.Honestly, I think I would have been better off. It was good but not great and I will probably be hungry in about an hour...







So, that brings up the next issue... My wife goes to work at like 4:55AM and she has the car, I have a motorcycle... Costco and Walmart are up the street and I really can't shop for food nor can she as she is tired when getting home.. I mean she can, but we like to shop together and with out conflicting schedules it is hard for one of us to go and get everything... I know that sounds like a lame excuse but it is what it is...


So each day, like today, I look in the refrigerator and see nothing there and then go to 7/11 or to a restaurant near by my job after hitting the candy machine and get lunch... It is usually too much food, I feel bloated and cranky but I have eaten.


When we do shop, then it is better. I have food made and I can actually make it through the day. I have not been able to do that for a few weeks.. Now I do have soup I can take, but it is not enough.


So, what will I do today? Not sure. I might get on the bike and pick up something from the W mart or just get some snacks from 7/11 and then go out for lunch... I need to talk to Jenifer and see how we can get together and get some shopping done. Once we have some food in the fridge it is easier...


Next issue:


Today's exercise!


Did I mention I belong to 24 hour fitness? Did I mention it is right down the street? I have a lifetime membership and I last went about 4 or 5 months ago...... It is raining right now so I have no intention of walking over there and I am not getting suited up to get on the bike to go one block and get all un-suited. So, this morning.. Probably no exercise... My co-worker who is in great shape suggested I do one of those on demand work out programs.. Maybe I will look at that but truthfully- my knee hurts a little and my back is sore...


So now you see the problem. Honestly, feedback and comments would be appreciated as I see it but I don't. I know I sound winy but to me these are valid reasons.


OK, I am now boring myself so I will end and try to let you know how the day when tonight....







2 comments:

  1. I have found the more interested Daisy and Bear are in the food the more unhealthy it is:) They never want my salad, they always want my nacho's. If you need help making menues and shoping let me know, I'm on leave now and have time to kill till Jacob shows up. And even though I'm a bad influence I do have some knowledge. Let me know, we can sit down go over your food budget and pick out healthy alt for you guys. I want you guys to succeed, especially since 24 hour is less than a block a way. Maybe come over and do yoga with me, or go for walks with me and the puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to take you up on that!!!

    ReplyDelete